PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Respect, money or both?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 18:45
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see 'respect' at work as being treated decently and part of that is giving me a good lifestyle (I have to agree with Council Van that lifestyle comes first). After that, if the money is sufficient, that's good enough (and anywhere near two-and-a-half times the national average income has to be quite good; above that you are having so much 'filched' in tax that one has to question if it's worth it?).

At the moment I have an excellent lifestyle (every second week Off right through the summer is a winner and then there's leave on top of that!), I am well treated by friendly and approachable work-mates (and that includes management) and everyone coming near the aeroplane is an employee in some aspect of the industry so there is no 'image' to maintain and we all respect each others' roles in getting the job done. And where I do agree with aspects of what macdo said on the topic, even security when a 'queue' is about half a dozen of us having more time to be civil and chat increases that all-round respect.

The money? It's good and it pays the bills (maybe because I haven't pushed them too high through over-inflated expectations? -- but then, going to an airshow the other side of the world and doing some private flying in beautiful countryside there is probably an indication that the 'expectations' haven't been too low!).

It's the best job I've ever had. But then, maybe it doesn't have the 'image' that many on here might require.

So, to answer the question: Respect first (along the lines that I have 'defined' above and with any 'image' removed), then as long as the Money is sufficient (again, as I have defined above), the balance is perfect!