PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 11:12
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Criminal

Originally Posted by POBJOY
That the PTT is even considered as a serious part of 'Gliding' says it all.
The whole experience of a Viking operation was its USP in giving Cadets the opportunity to be part of the 'hands on' operation.
To suggest that staff have to be qualified to even sit in the bath tub (not moving) looking at a screen is so removed from what the Cadets used to do it beggars belief.

This is what happens when you dumb down a organisation from a full blown training service to a mere 'badge box tick'. The rot seems to have taken hold when they reduced the 3 solo qualification, and I am surprised the OCs of the Schools did not fight that battle at the time. Not only is nobody on the helm the b....y rudder has fallen off.
The 'recovered' airframes are out there, but it seems the system don't have them !! Surprise Surprise. Private Eye could make a better job of running the organisation.
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Several someones, somewhere within the RAF/ACO and its contractors have committed criminal acts, including fraud of several types, have put the lives of teenage children and adult staff at risk and have criminally shredded many documents. They should be held to account in a court of law.

Why there hasn't been a criminal investigation, not least by the SIB, and more correctly by the various constabularies where these acts have taken place I don't understand. It's time that SoS for defence took up the case. Whoever on here has him as their constituency MP should request that he extracts digit and gets on with it.Ditto anyone with the Home Secretary as their MP in reference to the various local constabularies

A342