PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why...?
Thread: Why...?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 01:34
Frogman1484

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cxorcist
No self respecting pilots in the first world would tolerate a TA like this, and neither should we. However, HK is nowhere close to first world, and far too many of us are not self respecting. Heck, some of us aren’t even pilots at all. Sad state of affairs at CX! From first to worst in two decades. I guess none should be surprised after the 49ers. The hand writing was on the wall, and we all ignored it. Now it’s time to pay the piper. I grow more ashamed of the CX uniform with each passing day. Management has been awful for a good while, yet I’m even ashamed of most of my “pilot” colleagues at this point. What a joke we are!
Don't fool yourself.
There are 7,200,000 reasons why the ARAPA guys will sign yes. That is the amound of $$$ they will pay off on their property over the next 10 years. Do training and that figure jumpst to almost $9,000,000. A lot of the local pilots, will also sign yes, as they are still living at home and an extra $2000-4000 is money in their pockets. As fo the rest of the HKPA guys, they will sign yes as it means quicker upgrades and a possibility to leave even sooner with a big fat A350 or B777 on their licence.

The Umbrella clause is a non event as it is 10 years on ARAPA, 4 years on HKPA and 18 months on the rest. Why would you start industrial action on ARAPA during the next 10 years? Vote no get nothing, vote yes get what is on the table...you do not like it then start action within 18 months and they take it all back and we are exacly where we are now!

Also remember that the usual 10 suspects that are bashing about how crap it is on Pprune, are the same 10 guys that are bashing how crap the dewal is on the HKAOA forum. The rest of the guys are the silent majority.