PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 19:28
Vernand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can I ask your help, I’m stuck in the OML loop

Originally Posted by Field Required
LSC172, the rules have since changed. I also benefitted from the change like the OP.

Spencer, you will be fine provided you go down the airline route - multicrew.

hello LSC172,

Could you help me out a bit, I am stuck on the OML loop, the Portuguese Authority does not want to issue me the medical 1 with the OML limitation, due to the way the OML limitation law is written, it misses the statement refering initial applicants, as seen below:

(d) Operational limitation codes
(1) Operational multi-pilot limitation (OML – Class 1 only)
(i) When the holder of a CPL, ATPL or MPL does not fully meet the requirements for a class 1 medical certificate and has been referred to the licensing authority, it shall assess whether the medical certificate may be issued with an OML ‘valid only as or with qualified co-pilot’.
(ii) The holder of a medical certificate with an OML shall only operate an aircraft in multi-pilot operations when the other pilot is fully qualified on the relevant type of aircraft, is not subject to an OML and has not attained the age of 60 years.
(iii) The OML for class 1 medical certificates shall only be imposed and removed by the licensing authority.

if anyone could help me out, on how to fight/ appeal to this? Maybe even cases I could use ? Or other EASA aviation authorities I should go to ? I have full reports of my doctors all translated to english ready to go ! and even the Portuguese authority (ANAC) doctor says that for him everything is ok, except that the OML could not be given to an initial medical certificate. Right now my only escape is to go to the USA get an FAA med1 (which I am in process of requesting) however I really want an EASA Medical certificate as I would like to do the ATPL.

Thank you OP and all in this forum for any help!