PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military accommodation not fit for animals
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 11:36
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It’s not just the standard of accommodation either - patchy at best when viewed across the estate - outdated and discriminatory policies are still implemented which alienate people.

I have had several juniors and NCOs approach me in the past year complaining that they are paying accommodation charges despite being homeowners whilst married colleagues have all charges waived. Formal complaints have been made in the hope that the nature of the issue - discrimination - would strike a chord with an MOD hell bent on equality. Instead the MOD has chosen to hide behind technicalities such as complaints being made ‘out of time’ - a 3 month window from the date of the incident, in tris case posting in, being deemed the maximum time allowed. There are other issues such as those in long term relationships but not married or in a legally recognised relationship being forced to make choices between family and job.

The entire MOD accommodation system is rotten to th core, both physically and morally and nobody seems willing to do a damn thing about it other than suck teeth, blame predecessors and point to the Future Accommodation Model as being the proverbial cavalry coming to save the day. Given that the FAM trial is already delayed and I would guess will take at least a decade to implement across the MOD, how many more people are we willing to lose before we sort this out. As an organisation we need to hang our heads. People are clearly not our best asset judging by the way they are treated.