PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training in Australia
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2003, 21:10
gareth08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys thanks for the advice so far.

I'm not in any great hurry to steam off to the airlines. I'd rather hone my skills flying a small prop in the outback and getting paid, instead of plugging the autopilot in at 1,000ft and reading the paper for the next few hours

I was thinking of going out to do the training on a visiting visa or something like that and then seeing what happens after that - see what the market for jobs is like etc etc before i start emmigrating to the other side of the world!! If need be and the markets are a little more attractive in the states or canada i could always convert the licence and fly there. I dont intend to go back to Europe/UK as they will probably not issue me a JAA medical as i will be down on records at Gatwick as having failed a JAA class one medical, so screw them

Can anyone tell me what the beurocratic redtape bull*hit would be to convert a licence to one of the above - will it involve a jackpot win in the lottery aswell.

I know i am going about all of this the long way, but if i can see a bit of the world and build some 'quality' experience in small aircraft then i'll be happy.

Cheers

Gareth.