PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why...?
Thread: Why...?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 04:35
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why...?

Watching this from afar, and now with no skin in the game, I am forced to offer an opinion. I can only state clearly and emphatically: I am shocked and saddened at what has become of the AOA. It is bad enough that we have had to fight the adversary of our management for the past 25 years (!), but now it seems we have to fight our own union leadership as well. A few questions:

1) Why has the AOA "recommended" this offer? Surely, as it did not meet the minimum expectations clearly laid out by the membership, the most that should have happened was it being presented to the members without a "for or against" position. Arguably, it should have been presented with a "not recommended" label.
2) Why are certain members of the GC/NC trying to justify the unjustifiable on the AOA forums? More to the point, why is a particular NC member distorting the truth in certain matters to try and justify his position? It is unseemly, gives the appearance of self-serving motivation and leads one to conclude that there is something very wrong at the heart of the union leadership. I am suspicious of the motivations of the NC/GC at this point. The logic fails by any analysis.
3) Why the rush to vote? Surely it would be best for the union and members to wait for the annual results and make a more accurate determination as to the company's tedious claims of financial "distress".
4) Why the haste to agree a contract that effectively takes away the unions greatest and most effective tool, the TB? Surely that should only be done when all the facts are in, and more importantly, the company has adequately addressed ALL the open issues. The TB is working, slowly but surely to grind down CX's ability to function. If it's gone, so is any leverage you have to fight for proper conditions and pay.

Overall, I am very suspicious at the process, the lack of transparency and most importantly, the seeming inexplicable "recommendation" for what is obviously a completely inadequate and damaging sham of a contract. The AOA leadership has a lot of explaining to do. So far, they are failing in that test. As for the membership, look at the evidence of the operation to appreciate that CC/TB is slowly but surely bringing the company to the point where they will have no choice but to offer proper terms. This is their last great bluff, and only hope you are foolish enough to capitulate and throw in the towel. Don't let them destroy the rightful value of your career. If this gets voted in, the career of "Pilot" at CX will have effectively ended forever.