PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Community service flights new rules
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 02:53
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
But would the road option be risk free? No. I regularly see Angel Flight tasks from places like Hay and Warren to YSBK. Ever heard of the road toll, especially on country roads?

Would the road option be time free? No. Do the calcs on the delta between the flight time and the drive time from places like Hay and Warren to YSBK. Even economically poor people can be time poor. Some are working a number of jobs to survive.

Would the road option be get-there-itis free? No. I reckon the fatigue risk would be higher than the flight option.

I don't mind if 'private' CSF's are 'banned', provided there is reliable data and analysis to show that the benefits of the ban would outweigh the costs. Where is the reliable data and analysis to show the benefits of CSFs at the current 'standard'?

If 'private' CSF's are 'banned', and there's a fatality during a 'higher standard' CSF, what then? Another kneejerk increase in standards? Deaths occur during charter flights.

Might as well get it over and done with and jump straight to the inevitable: CSFs banned except in transport category aircraft to and from aerodromes with a CATIIIC ILS.