PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ERJ-145 with FlyBMI - a good first job?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 00:21
antonov09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intrance
The thing is that when you start putting down money in numbers like that, you don’t necessarily need offers... Take that money to Ryanair, pretty sure they still need some pilots and you’ll get a 737 rating out of it.

Also maybe worth to note that the original poster doesn’t mention that there is an actual offer in a way that you and I may understand it, simply “I heard that they are hiring low-hour pilots” and that what they have on offer is decent.

I will just repeat my original advice a last time since people don’t seem to read the actual posts and just want to wax on about how they climbed the ladder in different times and how you shouldn’t refuse anything .

If the terms and conditions are good, it’s a guaranteed job and you feel it’s worth dropping 20k on the rating, go for it. Otherwise there are better ways to spend that money. You’re doing the right thing by ALSO thinking about what comes next, instead of only what is right now.
Type rating at Ryanair is 4K not 20k. Lots of competition at cadet entry level. It ain’t a gimme like some people on this forum seem to think.