PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A350 manual landing technique
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 20:57
Sidestick_n_Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how helpful this will be, since I haven’t flown the 350 (would love to, though!). I have, however, flown several jet transports, including the A320, 330 and the 787.

They all handle pretty much the same, so I think the 350 won’t be very different. They are all quite easy to land, you just flare it slightly at the flare height, and they kinda land themselves. Especially the A330 is pure joy to land - you really need to make effort to get it wrong. The 350 is supposedly similar, but maybe someone who flies them can confirm.

As for diferences with the 320 - on the 320 you typically start flare at 30 feet and on the 330/340 at 40 - which initially may seem unnaturally high, but works every time.

All in all, I can bet that the widebodies are easier to land, than whatever plane you fly as PPL.

The only issue is that on a wide body you seldom get to practice (like 1-2 times/month) and you are always tired at landing. They have to be easy to land, otherwise we would be crashing them every moth on landing