PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 15:54
hid3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings everyone.

First of all, I'd like to wish a Happy New 2019 Year to everyone of you!

Any ideas if Wizz has got a preference for pilots who have graduated ATPL integrated (over modular) course?

I will be picking up ATPL modular (at Bartolini Air) in June 2019. My ambition in the end is to work at Wizz. Reason for that is firstly that they are a large and well known company, they fly Airbus (I'm fond of these aircrafts), the fleet size is large, new/fresh, they fly to so many destinations... One of the most important things (to me) is that you can expect to build hours quickly (I've hard that 800 hours per year can be expected there) and the fact that you can be working at your home base (there's a waitlist) looks nice and convenient. The company itself looks to be stable and has got a right strategy so all of this looks promising.

However, upon reviewing Bartolini Facebook page, I saw that many their students got hired by mainly Ryanair and I haven't seen any posts telling about Wizz. This got me a bit worried - maybe the company doesn't accept students who finished the ATPL modular, maybe they simply don't consider Bartolini as a serious school or... Maybe I'm just worrying too much and overthinking?

Besides, reading this thread I came accross a few posts that Wizz is now full with the required staff (speaking about pilots, of course) and that the expansion won't be that rapid in the future as it used to be during past several years; this leads to further not too optimistic minds.

Any input on the above points would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!