View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 14:32
  #2212 (permalink)  
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,589
I see the BBC is stirring it up again with an article on now Brexit will affect holidays in Europe.

If there's no deal, your licence might not be valid by itself when driving in the EU. It means you might need to get hold of an International Driving Permit (IDP) as well, which costs 5.50. You might also need one of those to hire a vehicle.
What a load of rubbish!. I have rented cars in most of the World's continents and nobody has asked me for an international licence. The only time I needed one was when I was driving Chinese registered cars in China but that's gone out of the window now, you need a Chinese licence.
Fareastdriver is offline