PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ERJ-145 with FlyBMI - a good first job?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 09:42
Justanotherposter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hesitant myself joining back a few years ago, especially made worse by those from CAE oxford who charged us double for the pleasure of the type rating that would have otherwise been bonded by the company! Anyway that aside the 145 was a great aircraft to fly a real hands on plane. Really missed those approaches into a very windy Aberdeen or Bristol also small enough outfit that you knew almost everyone you flew with.

For what it’s worth this is what was summed up to me by a senior BA captain when I was after my first airline job. “You know it’s funny guys new to the industry are so desperate to fly shiny big jets but let’s say you started your career on the 320 and ended it on the 380 fundamentally there is hardly any difference in flying between the two. One day you will be crossing the Atlantic for the thousandth time looking out the window and realize that there was a whole world of flying to be had and that you completely missed out on”.

I can honestly tell you that now that I am now flying widebodies and can say for certain that the 145 was by far the best flying fun I had.

Best set of luck with your decision.