PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Flyer points wiped out ...
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 09:17
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Frequent Flyer points wiped out ...

Rather disappointed to discover that a certain prominent Australian carrier has reduced the FF points for both Herself and Iself from 14,000 points each to zero. Reason? No account activity for 18 months. We had no idea. Apparently even a swipe of their card at a Woolworths counter would have reset the time flag, but I was advised during a phone query that there was an 18 month limit and, no, despite the fact that we plan a significant return trip to EU from AU this year - probably in business class - we have to start again. It was suggested that I might have been able to claim that a purchase at a partner company had failed to register, but that didn't happen, and despite the disappointment, I 'aint going to lie to them.

We didn't fly OS last year for health reasons. Given that this is a scheme to encourage customer loyalty, it's a rather puzzling ruling - it can't be that hard to change for a loyal but naive customer and revert to the previous total which they obviously had on file. Still it does give us the option now of choosing any carrier we want without the fragile enticement of remaining 'loyal' and accumulating more points - for what use they would be.

Just a cautionary tale if you didn't know that this could happen ... But then perhaps I was the only one who didn't.

Last edited by FullOppositeRudder; 1st Jan 2019 at 09:48.