PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Drone Zones
Thread: No Drone Zones
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2019, 05:03
CaptainMidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's Point Cook you are referring to, it's not a controlled aerodrome (not listed in DAH Section 19).

So when the Restricted Areas are active, no drone flying, and when they are not active, it is an uncontrolled aerodrome and I would think the procedures relating to ops in the vicinity of uncontrolled aerodromes apply.

HOWEVER - I say "I would think" because I don't know offhand the specific wording of the regs or information material i.e. whether or not they specifically refer only to ACTIVE PRDs. They may well just make a blanket statement of no flying in PRDs except with the permission of the Controlling Authority, because some PRD can be activated at short notice and at other than published times.

I don't have the app on my phone anymore so I can't check what it says around Point Cook, but if there is an error or some confusion, it should be brought to the attention of the RPA people in CASA.

in any case, if someone isn't sure if they can fly in an area or not, they should ask the RPA people in CASA:

CASA remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) office
"But someone said on Facebook that it was OK ....." won't be a defence