PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones threatening commercial a/c?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2018, 16:37
langleybaston

Received 718 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by KelvinD
No he didn't.

Something like 150 sightings were reported, including 4 from people on the airport roof and these 4 were confirmed by 2 police officers close to the runway.
But, don't just take my word for any of the above. Listen to the interview on Raio4's Today programme, 29th Dec on BBS Sounds:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001t04
Interview begins at 1:10:10
Thank you. My scepticism is not absolute, but nevertheless sustainable for the following reasons:

"they would say that wouldn't they" ....... powerful vested interests desperate to justify what may be over-reaction to a sighting of .....

........... what and where exactly? To be sure of "over the airfield" we need triangulation at one time, otherwise size/range make observation difficult.

Not a scrap of film in 2018? This beggars belief, surely? Over and beyond the professionals on duty, over and beyond the smartfone public, the Media attended a. s. a .p? Not a sausage.

I am willing to be convinced by evidence, not eyewitnesses, who may well have been influenced [after the first "sighting"] by confirmation bias.

No physical evidence either.

My only qualification of relevance to the matter is having served on airfields [weather observer and forecaster] on and off for 40 years, including launching many a Met. balloon. I served at Gatwick too.