PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Aerodrome Mk III
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2018, 09:47
nvubu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've expanded the information being collected in the spreadsheet to include Country, who set the challenge and who solved it.

Here is a read only link to the spreadsheet - clicky - feel free to have a look and make any suggestions.

We have a clear "winner" for 2018.

dook set the most challenges with 72 and also solved the most with 55.
Jenkins is the runner up with 40 challenges and 34 correct solutions.

290 separate challenges in 2018. which is very respectable after the thread died a death in 2014/15/16. Long way to go, however, before the 371 challenges of 2011 are reached.

I've been trying to ask the mods if there should be a new Which Aerodrome IV thread as the previous two were too big at just under 300 pages, whereas we are now up to 550. Can't contact PPrune Pop as his mailbox is full, and not sure if I've managed to send an email to the site.

We need to come up with the text for a wiki. Here's the original set of "rules"
  • A historic picture of an aerodrome will be posted. Newer pictures are allowed but the theme here is to compare/contrast old with new as well as identifying aerodromes which no longer exist.
  • The person who correctly identifies it will be declared the 'winner' by the original poster.
  • That winner shall either post another challenge or declare the floor open. Anyone may then post the next challenge.
  • There will only be one challenge running at a time.
  • Try to use elderly photos and not Google Earth pics
  • Try to post images that are not already present on internet, as Google Image Search will find them if they are.
  • When confirming the correct location, the location and winner should be stated to negate any deletion of posts.
  • If the winner of the challenge does not respond to the notification of their success within 24 hours, the thread shall be declared "Open House"
  • If Open House is declared, time should be given for those who are not great at naming the correct location but may have some good images.
I would suggest that photos taken personally are OK as they show the aerodrome as it is now.

There is a comment on the first page of the fist thread by evansb that it shouldn't become a What Control Tower or What Terminal Building thread. I think that there's no problem with the occasional post of a Control Tower, terminal building or hangar, so long as there isn't a succession of them.

Some further

Last edited by nvubu; 31st Dec 2018 at 14:58. Reason: updating rules for Wiki