PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2018, 08:41
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brian_dromey
Is A320 performance markedly better on the routes FR will be operating on? Apart for the Greek routes the others are all ~2hours flight time. What is the impact of the short-field package, does it benefit both take-off and landing?
Laudamotion is an interesting experiment, not only are they operating A320/A320 but they seem to be rolling over their inherited AB aircraft for IAE-powered A320s. Lauda currently have 11 aircraft, and plans for them, no doubt, but if needs be they could swap around with FR 737s. I think FR operated some flights for Lauda, they might still?
I think it's mainly the LDR which is the critical factor at SEN for RYRs 738 SFP fleet. The 'standard' 738 is not commercially viable at SEN. That is the main reason the runway is being grooved during the next couple of months. Grooving should normally mean that a runway can be treated as Dry in terms of performance calculations and only in exceptional circumstances is it likely to be declared WET WET WET when the extra 15% LDR would apply. I assume that RYR SOPs treat a grooved runway in this way and there must have been discussions on the subject between the parties when the SEN/RYR deal was struck.