PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2018, 03:47
STN406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that’s the still the current plan to have the shoreline extended from end to the other. It will run from around Zone H to the new WHSMITHs in arrivals. We will be looking at having around 130 desks which most will be self service. Also it’s very likely that the check-in desk will be non airline specific so a Jet2 passenger can check-in for FAO then an EasyJet passenger can check-in for AMS.
From what I understand all restaurants outlets have been asked if they want to expand upwards to a mezzanine level and most like the idea currently. Weatherspoons have extend to an extra 500 seat I believe this is waiting to be kitted and should be open for summer. Burger King will have an expansion to soon when they take over the current next store for additional seating.
In terms of stand we have recently opened 90-91L/R and we will have up to 95 L/R by the summer.
Emirates have been keen to open a new lounge in SAT1 for sometime and this should open for when the second daily flight launches.
In terms of Jet2 they have looked into the chance of their own SAT but with the lack of flights currently after the first wave and before second, it’s unlikely this will happen for a long time. But I know they are very keen to keep expanding at a gradual rate. I can see more flights being released for next winter.