PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic
Thread: Pathetic
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2018, 02:10
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Chocks Away
No sorry I'm not confusing it with the Hudson River event, as it was talk in Singapore when I was there at the time it occurred.
How could you have been in Singapore when the A380 incident occurred, but hear a rumour that they had tried to replicate the exact scenario in the sim but failed? It would’ve taken weeks to learn what exactly had happened and programmed it into a simulator session so I don’t see how it’s possible.

It was a remarkable feat of airmanship achieved by all crew on the flight deck that day, more demanding than a simple engine failure but by no means was it a miraculous outcome that any other crew placed in the same situation would have failed in.

Control the aircraft after the failure, prioritise the important ECAM actions to set the aircraft up for landing, land and control the situation on the ground. It wasn’t something that has baffled investigators and mystified pilots, those pilots onboard that day simply used their professionalism, experience and knowledge to achieve a safe result. I’ve no doubt every well trained crew would’ve achieved a similar result in the same situation.