PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2018, 22:32
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny F@rt Pants

Having been based at MAN for the last 14 years you describe something that I have never witnessed. Yes, they sometimes have their own interpretation that causes a fuss, but it’s usually short lived and gets ironed out fairly quickly. I have never ever witnessed any of them going “crazy”, nor have I ever witnessed them “barking and shouting”. I find security at MAN very straight forward, I remove my iPad and my liquids from my bag, remove my coat/blazer and my phone and put them through the scanner, I walk through the scanner and collect my belongings on the other side, simple. I have found other airports far more restrictive making me remove my belt and my shoes, neither of which I do at MAN. They aren’t perfect but they do not deserve the picture you paint.
The worst I have come across is Edinburgh when you are trying to get on to the freight apron. Even when the frozen food rules were changed at Manch I never had any issues. I actually feel sorry for the security staff, poorly paid for a seriously important job and if they make any sort of mistake I understand they are given their cards very quickly.