PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2018, 16:11
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirk85
I left almost two years ago, but I am still in contact with a lot of friends there and the situation is the same: pilot comfort is still ranking low on the company priority list.
Well, actually now with LTN base there is no need to layover (at least from the bases that I know), so at least the discomfort is limited to the two times per year that you need to go to the sim. I know they go to LGW a lot now for the training, but I don't know which hotel they use.
I believe the difference now though is they are very desperate for pilots so they will most likely have to up their game, especially as they will need pilots with experience and cant just keep hiring cadets, that has not helped their requirements for captains due to lack of experience and most likely skills.

I dont pretend to know but ex Wizz guys and current I have spoken to have said they are losing a lot of pilots due to shoddy conditions to other carriers abroad and in the Europe. Market forces will force them to change or die if it is as bad as I hear...

Again I dont work there so its all hearsay but I suspect there is an element of truth in there.