PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Interview AE SO process December 2018
Old 28th Dec 2018, 20:39
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flex88
If they talk about basing "In your home country", ask if that will be indicated in "The Conditions of Service" document you will sign.
Same goes for anything; Salary, Housing, take home pay...etc
Ask detailed questions of the cost of ESF schools for children including debenture costs etc. Ask if all these costs will be paid for by CX ?
Ask about how many hours a month/year you will be asked to fly (include whether that/those are rolling or fixed annual amounts)
Ask what their Dental Benefits include ? (limits)
Ask about what's covered for medical benefits AND the annual limits and coverage areas for yourself and your family..
Ask detailed questions about travel benefits.. (compare with other airlines)

And don't forget - There is no proper recognised "Bid System" at CX as there is most any other airline on the planet..... (i.e. you have zero control of your life)

If you don't ask detailed questions (as well if items are "contractual" - DO NOT moan and complain after you join...
LOL -- I'd be kinda ecstatic if the COS DID say 'basing in your home country" in writing in that this would immediately violate the labor laws of some nations in which we do base (and have an existing 'onshore' basing contract).

Thanks for the comprehensive post, fix. Funny that they made you 'pay' to do the language test -- that should throw a few flags and tell you something -- and sounds pretty typical of the bait and switch. All that stuff was free of charge in my day. Glad you could talk to some folks actually from the place. I don't think you'll find many who view things as a career anymore; at best a paycheck job (and this is on the old conditions--POS 18 is much much worse. People on POS 18 should be thought of as an accumulator or surge tank).

When people (at least those with options) are running for the door and sickness rates spike that should be some pretty strong red flags that people don't want to be where they are. In a healthy environment (especially in a flying job) folks are really WANTING to be there and part of the team that makes things happen. Can't say you'll see much of that here (unless possibly one has a date or holiday in a foreign land and wants to make the trip to go there).

If you ARE in NA, IMHO just about anything you do there will have a better future and lead to a better life.