PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Interview AE SO process December 2018
Old 28th Dec 2018, 19:14
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
While breaking down the salary, HR explained that it was based on base pay plus productivity pay. When myself and the other candidates asked about productivity pay, they told us it was basically overtime. I found that pretty deceiving that their advertised salary that they had sent me prior to coming to HK, was assuming you'd work a sh*tload of overtime. Also when I asked how many days we were expected to work for any fleet, HR could not give a definite answer, it just depends on your aircraft type they would say. When I kept pressing for which type and how many days, they would just say it depends on the month. They couldn't give us any straight answers and seemed to be trying way too hard to sell us on the benefits and salary...
The truth is they don’t know, no pilots are employed under that scheme flying the line.

You have zero control over how many hours you get, you cannot count on productivity pay. They have been manipulating rosters after they had been published for decades to reduce that.

You can have 55 hours rostered plus a week of reserve which attracts zero credit. If you don’t get called you get 55 hrs pay. Effectively your giving them
even more free reserve.

if there is a downturn, they will fly you the minimum and fly the 84 hr pilots their minimum.

Also have a look at the corruption watchdog investigation in this forum to get an understanding of how trips are not spread evenly.