PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jin Air pilot South Korea found to be over the limit
Old 28th Dec 2018, 07:48
Imagegear

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts
The pilot drank three bottles of alcoholic beverages and eight bottles of shochu on the night of the 13th of last month. According to the council, Mr. A was found to have a "Fail" rating of 0.02% or more, which is the blood alcohol level, at 6:30 am on March 14 at the Jin Air office in Cheongju airport. A arrived at Cheongju the day before and said that he drank 8 bottles of shochu with 3 people from 7 pm to 11:20 pm.
Shochu, or Shochu, is a Japanese spirit usually distilled from barley, rice or sweet potatoes, though it may be produced from anything including sugar and chestnuts! It is usually has an abv of around 25%, although it can be stronger, and it is produced throughout Japan. Typically it is drunk neat, with ice, or mixed with tea or fruit juice, and it is widely available in Japan. There are two categories of Shochu which are "Multiply Distilled" and "Singly Distilled" Shochu. The former may be distilled more than once from various base ingredients, must not be filtered through charcoal, and is bottled at under 36% abv. The latter must be distilled just once from a base ingredient including potato, grain, sake lees, koji (a type of fungus), rice or sugar, and is bottled at no more than 45% abv
Well if I had consumed that lot the night before, the wheels would still be completely off my wagon by the next day and I wouldn't trust myself at the controls of a donkey!!

IG

Last edited by Imagegear; 28th Dec 2018 at 08:01.