PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to London
Thread: Perth to London
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2018, 05:31
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bend alot
chuboy - Qantas passenger service has reduced a lot over the years and infact is a LCC on a number of legs only with the premium price - You know this when "We wish a warm welcome to all our Qantas passengers" is made by cabin crew wearing Jetstar uniforms.

I have no bone to pick, only I think it is arrogant that you and others treat other people in a sub-standard way and think wreaking 45 peoples plans is fine, because someone ticket got paid to a value of $10,000.

Where did I say it was a "Failure"?

I was saying if economy pax are not important (and make no money) do not sell them tickets at all - only sell First, Businesses & freight. Then no low yeilders will get bumped and have their plans changed.

Keep in mind a lot of the low yield passengers have indirectly paid for those $10,000 tickets and a few helicopter rides and other perks.
At the very least, you still get a checked bag with your ticket on Qantas. The same can't be said of BA, the US majors, and many more.

I could explain to you why economy class is still important but there are already videos on youtube you could watch if you really cared to learn, it's not like you even have to buy a textbook in this age. Are Qantas expected to cancel the flight or even the route if they can't take everyone who has a ticket every day of the year? Are the high-yielding business class passengers more, less, or equally important to Qantas than Ethel and Barry who bought Economy Super Saver fares and can be rerouted MEL-SIN-LHR instead of MEL-PER-LHR?

Fact is, you may not like to hear it but someone who is willing to drop 10k on a flight to London in Business is more important to a full-service carrier than economy pax who would have flown with Air Asia if only that were an option. I'm not suggesting those who are not wealthy enough to fly business are less equal as people, but Qantas is a business and not the human rights commission and they should be expected to discriminate in favour of individuals who have a bigger impact on their bottom line.