PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to London
Thread: Perth to London
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2018, 21:07
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bend alot
If low or "zero" revenue pax were not an important part of an airline we would only have 1st and Business seats with maybe just maybe some premium economy seats - NO Economy and fill the rest with freight.
Now since that does not happen and we see the rise of budget carriers - seems low revenue paxs actually make airlines money!

The staff if you read and in particular pilots get upset without confirmed tickets for them and family - any bumping will make them take the better offers.

Frequent Flyer redemption have actually paid more than the fare would have cost in cash - if they are not "Rewarded" with the "Fly Buys" they will jump ship. (Qantas and woolies change made Coles very happy.

ID 90 hurts some employees (that then look at options for better places to work) or some ex staff.

Now bumping a "PR" hand out - I assume you mean a "Public Relations" hand out ticket. Only a fool would do that!
Do I take this to mean you think Qantas ought to become a LCC?

I think you've just got a bone to pick, if you're moaning about bumping a few low yield pax in order to ensure the guys up front who paid $10k a ticket get to fly.

A route is a failure if it can afford to carry 45 freebie or ID90 pax every flight? Give us a break.