PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA is very confusing and complicated...
Old 27th Dec 2018, 16:23
a334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
Welcome to the world of EASA but, to be fair, you will get a different interpretation of CARs from each provincial office of TC as well. Each competent authority in EASA is allowed to "interpret" the rules even though they are supposed to be standard. Indeed, the UK CAA have been known to apply a rule because "that was what was in the mind of the person that wrote the rule" even though the law is supposed to be read in plain words and actually says something quite different! On being asked for clarification, it turned out that the guy was dead anyway. Go figure.

As far as theoretical knowledge goes, you will get a reduction in training hours for your CPL - our training manual says 400 hours.
I haven't had to deal with any other province other then the one I live in, so I wouldn't know. However, I believe you because the CARs are written in such an ambiguous way at times (probably like EASA) that it's literally up in the air as to what it means

At this point whatever EASA writes and whatever a country decides to do doesn't really matter... best bet would be Sweden at the end of day because there is no minimum hour requirement for the flying portion (doesn't mean it can't take the same amount of time as say UK, it just means you are less constrained if you are able to progress quickly and do your flight tests within a few hours)