PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 26th Dec 2018, 21:01
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DropYourSocks
Your mileage may vary though, and having a plan B is wise.
Well said.

And more so, guys who are reaching the education/industry experience levels to qualify for an E3, can I just say from talking to some recent guys...don't quit your job right away if you don't have everything you need eg; industry experience or if you don't have evidence. Wait til you have approval issued.

I touched on it earlier but it appears proving your work experience in lieu of an aviation degree with written back up from previous employers is becoming more standard. This poor lad I met was un-employed for many months after being offered a job in the US and then having to go chasing up all the documents the consulate decided he had to show to get an E3. Written statements documenting you were an actual employed commercial pilot on company letter heads he told me he had to get - not an easy task if you leave somewhere on bad terms or the company has ceased operation.

I gather they were extremely thorough checking it out as well. I know people might have different experiences but I have heard this now from more than a few people so be wise, plan on it happening if you don't hold a degree and want to rely on the industry experience road. It can still be done, but sounds like doing it smart is the way to go.