PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to resume flights to Pakistan
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2018, 14:32
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CW247
What a bunch of whiter than white, holier than though, cleaner than clean pricks some of you are. Where are the moderators to moderate all this disguised racism?
Without passing comment on any of the previous posts I think some of the disquiet being voiced her and elsewhere, especially by those who will have to make the BA accountants dream a reality, is as a result of this:

U.K. Government Advice - Travel to Pakistan.

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Pakistan. There’s a high threat of terrorism, kidnap and sectarian violence throughout the country, including the cities of Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore and Karachi. You should be vigilant, avoid all crowds, public events, political gatherings, religious processions and sporting events, and take appropriate security precautions.

Foreigners, in particular westerners, may be directly targeted. Densely populated unsecured areas, such as markets, shopping malls, restaurants and places where westerners and the Pakistani elite are known to congregate, are potential focal points for attacks. You should be extra vigilant at all times and minimize your exposure to areas that pose a higher risk.
I’ll add that like at least one or two others here I have experienced the joys of the ISB in the past and found it highly enjoyable, but that was a while back.

Last edited by wiggy; 26th Dec 2018 at 15:44.