PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Eve....And The USCG Is Doing A Search Out My Front Door!
Old 26th Dec 2018, 03:49
SASless

Received 553 Likes on 224 Posts
That was the old Motto....now it is "You have to go to Lunch....and you must come back!"!

At Google Earth....if you look closely at the Cape Lookout Bight....you can see the Mooriing Buoy the Morehead City Cutter uses when they need fresh fish for the galley as it is in a good fishing hole at the Bight.

They. have a limit of six lines over the side at any one time however. (Seven if you count the single Mooring line and the six fishing lines)

They do have a sense of humor however.....I bounced an empty beer can off the wind shield of one of their go-fasties by. mistake......thought it was yet another cigar smoking fat cat in his four outboard motored deep Bee that delight in throwing spray all over slower boats as they pass by!

I should have looked over my shoulder before chunking the can I suppose....you know what happens when you "assume".

They maintain a Cutter Base at Fort Macon/Morehead City that maintains a Duty Watch 24/7/365 for call outs and the Air Station in Elizabeth City does as well.

Not far away is the near tropical paradise of Hobucken, where kids have to be inside before dark as the Mozzies that swarm after dark can carry a Ten Year old away.

Last edited by SASless; 26th Dec 2018 at 03:59.