PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian burning cash!
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2018, 11:30
directmisbi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner

Done one better than that, I told him that in a face to face conversation on a LHR-DUB flight earlier this year when the takeover speculation was going on and, for what it’s worth, he basically agreed with me and said that it’s a very niche market. I got the very real impression that Norwegian would be severely pruned back in the event of any real IAG interest and that most of the 787’s would be redeployed elsewhere. But what do I know? (I genuinely mean that by the way)

Well, I think you will find that the “IAG interest” is very real. And building a whole new airline to counter for the competition, and serve a “niche market” is unheard of, unless ofcourse, Norwegian is posing a real danger to the present business model of IAG damaging yields and getting customers used to a better product, free wifi, new aircrafts and an overall excellent “value for money” experience, all for lot less than the present inferior BA product currently at offer for leisure pax. Also, I think the current norwegian premium LH product could work really well in case of a recession where business travellers would still need to travel, but not for a BA business fare. In case of a takeover, and minding present cost of personnel, Norwegian would be scaled up, not down. But what do I know.