PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR pilot making an ILS
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2003, 06:45
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't really see all the fuss. Most people fly an approach far more accurately visually than any ILS. If it is to be used for the localiser only, just like tracking a VOR, then I see no problem, However using the glideslope... It's only hitting the ground that usually kills you isn't it. As Beagle et al have said mixing and matching the types of approach is not really a sensible thing to do. It is too easy for inexperienced pilots to get fixated on the wrong instrument. (Ask me how I know that!) Get an IMC or IR and learn how to do it properly rather than mucking about and potentially bending a perfectly good aircraft.

No more BEagle bashing please, he knows more about flying and flight training than most of us here put together. Personally I like it that he doesn't pull his punches I feel he's earnt that right, have you? Dealing with daft questions day in, day out can be a little wearing, especially when the answer is usually common sense. Just because somebody doesn't agree with your egotistical view on a subject doesn't give anybody carte-blanche to attack somebody's character as has happened earlier on this thread.

Last edited by Say again s l o w l y; 20th Oct 2003 at 16:57.