but is this a Jet 2 subject
and a aviation forum
so why all the politics and european talk
come on we get enough of that on TV
give it a rest and talk about Jet 2
which is the topic of the forum
thank you
Mark
It came about as a question was asked regarding J2 plans post Brexit in 2019 if we have a hard no deal Brexit and why the company had made no announcement about their plans yet, this was perceived as a problem that would potentially prevent customers looking to book.

This could be potentially be a bit of a challenge, an example being having a G reg stby aircraft in Alicante operated by UK crews.

J2 also employ a lot of British people in the EU, allong with plenty of locals, and again this might be an interesting challenging with a no deal scenario so the upcoming Brexit is pertinent to the short term future of the Company and it's immediate development.

One thing in their favour is that they effectively will be operating UK/EU only rather than within the EU post Brexit so as flight between the EU and the UK are not going to ever come to a halt they have potentially less problems than say EasyJet who have had to set up another company in the EU to enable them to continue inter EU flights such as Berlin Paris in the future.

One thing I predict is very slow passport control for Brits arriving in the EU as part of the 'punsishment for leaving tactics' a favour that I am sure we could easily return at UK airports for EU nationals if we choose to be so childish!

Sit at the hold at Palma on Saturday morning and every third aircraft is UK bound, Spain, despite what my friend above says, can not survive without Bitish Tourists without feeling major pain unless Brussels wants to give them some massive back handers. Do Brussels have that spare cash, I'm not ao sure?

I wonder if any one will wish to insults me this morning for having an opinion that might be differerenr to their own, it is Christmas Eve after all?

Seasons greetings GS to all.