PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian burning cash!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 21:46
directmisbi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner

not it’s not. Not whatsoever. Net costs are higher than net revenues. Hardly a sound business, low cost long haul has never worked and never will. Norwegian are just the latest example of it. Of course some other fool will always come along to prove that they are the ones who can do it. I fail to see how selling off all their remaining assets paints the picture of a healthy company.
So why did IAG acquire 4.6 percent of norwegian earlier this year. The even tried to buy the company, twice but both offers were rebuffed. These are hard facts. Maybe you should phone up your CEO and tell him that low cost long haul "has never worked and never will". And Norwegian will be bust before the new year, so better sell the shares IAG took up because Norwegian is "hardly a sound business". Or a "ponzi scheme"
Could the record order of 222 aircrafts back in 2012 and the extremely lucrative price of some of these to be sold later on with huge profit be part of a business plan? Has Mr. Kjos stated earlier that this has in fact been the plan since the very beginning? Maybe you should try to research a little before jumping the gun? Could MOL have an agenda with his scaremongering? Did he badmouth Primera or Wow air? No, because they were not hurting his business.
The joint venture is imminent, and will put to rest most of the critics in the media and elsewere. Merry Christmas :-)
Post edited, the forbes article has now been updated.

I rest my case.

”...and based on communication sent from the carrier this Saturday, the airline’s liquidity position is reportedly stable. As the end of the year approaches, Norwegian seems keen on having its debts fully settled”

Last edited by directmisbi; 23rd Dec 2018 at 22:15.