PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan Crew Briefing?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 18:40
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hipper
Another question please!

All aircrew needed to carry out various training (continuity training I think it was called) in order to keep on top form for their various responsibilities, and to learn to use new equipment or tactics I guess. How was this managed? For example, was each crew aware of the training they required and, say, a monthly meeting would be held for the five of them to decide how to fit the training into whatever flights they were due to carry out.
No monthly meeting. As I said above, typically the plotter would put the sortie together from individual inputs from the rest of us. Quite a few trips were determined by engineering needs. The aircraft needed ECM certification or bomb sight calibration. The aircraft offered was loaded with practice bombs so a different sortie had to be planned.

For the rest w e would bid to fit in a number of bombing runs, navigation stages, circuit requirements, fighter affiliation etc and fit in as many of these as possible.