PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GoPro mount Engineering Order
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 22:31
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Please don’t patronize me by telling me I have “no idea.” I’ve had more C of A’s issued and built more aircraft than you ever will. My last C of A was issued by CASA directly; No Steve and no SAAA. How is that possible??

SQ7700,
Have you, indeed?? A Certificate of Airworthiness. That is most interesting, seeing as you believe having built an amateur built aircraft is a pre-requisite for any knowledge of these "rules".

An Experimental Certificate of Airworthiness??

No you haven't. Not under the provisions of CASR 1998 Part 21.191 to 21.195, you haven't. Not in Australia.

Somehow I doubt you have built an aircraft under a Type Certificate/Production Certificate or similar, so it is most unlikely those provisions of CASR 1998 Part 21 apply.

There is no such thing as an Experimental Certificate of Airworthiness.Just an Experiment Certificate in whatever category of Experimental Certificate you have sought, not limited to Amateur Built, see CASR 21.191 through to 21.195.

The difference is fundamentally significant, a significance you have, by your posts, clearly missed. How could that be, because you have built one or more aircraft??

As Stephen could explain to you, by definition, no Experimental aircraft is "airworthy", and therefor cannot carry an "airworthiness certificate", because the word "airworthy" has a very specific meaning in law, nationally and internationally ---- but how could I possibly know that, because I haven't built an aeroplane.

An interesting issue is the AABA aircraft, that have a piece of paper that purports to be a C.of A, but it isn't really, and never was, that was just an Australian/SAAA conceit --- Australia never ever notified ICAO of a difference nominating an Australian (now CASR 21.190 SPECIAL Certificate of Airworthiness --- still NOT a Certificate of Airworthiness ) AABA as an Annex VIII Certificate of Airworthiness ---- but how could I know that, as I have never built one.

Patronise you?? Pot calling kettle!!!

You really lead with your chin, don't you.

Have a Experimental Certified Merry Christmas and Compliant New Year.

Tootle pip!!

PS: "How is that possible" ---- because the delegate under the legislation, who issued the Experimental Certificate, happened to be employed by CASA, that how!

Last edited by LeadSled; 22nd Dec 2018 at 22:50. Reason: typo and PS added