PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ERJ-145 with FlyBMI - a good first job?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 10:49
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intrance
The thing is that when you start putting down money in numbers like that, you don’t necessarily need offers... Take that money to Ryanair, pretty sure they still need some pilots and you’ll get a 737 rating out of it.

Also maybe worth to note that the original poster doesn’t mention that there is an actual offer in a way that you and I may understand it, simply “I heard that they are hiring low-hour pilots” and that what they have on offer is decent.

I will just repeat my original advice a last time since people don’t seem to read the actual posts and just want to wax on about how they climbed the ladder in different times and how you shouldn’t refuse anything .

If the terms and conditions are good, it’s a guaranteed job and you feel it’s worth dropping 20k on the rating, go for it. Otherwise there are better ways to spend that money. You’re doing the right thing by ALSO thinking about what comes next, instead of only what is right now.
Opinion or fact? The fact is you cannot just turn up at Ryanair and say "I've got £20k, give me a job and a 73 rating", it doesn't work like that.

We don't know anything about the OP, is he/she in their early twenties or mid forties? Have they got an offer or haven't they? Have they got a career to fall back on or haven't they? Do they have £20k to burn or do they not?

Are you that confident that you can tell the OP to take a gamble and wait for a firm offer elsewhere before the industry takes a nosedive? At the end of the day whether they spend £20k at bmi, Ryanair, easyjet or some chicken **** outfit in the arse end of the earth it's kind of largely irrelevant, at least they'll be in the industry if they so desire, days got to be better than not spending it and sitting behind a desk wishing you had. Take what's on offer (if it is offered) and enjoy it.