PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Aviation Instructor Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 10:02
Porto Pete

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Had two offers outside the UK, both for B737, but unfortunately they were P2F and I don't have 30,000EUR laying around.
Is it pay for the rating or pay for the rating and no salary?

Harsh reality time: Your fATPL has little value at best. Your fATPL, aged three years, makes you a training risk and a liability. It is perishing and your options are funnelling, rapidly. None of which is in any way fair, a reflection of you as a person or nice to hear but are hard cold facts.

You've spent presumably the best part of €/£ 100,000k so far and you're digging your heels in over another €/£30K? In other words you're prepared to blow 100K to save 30K?

Get a job, even in a supermarket, and borrow the money on a personal loan if you have to if you have a solid job offer in hand with the likes of FR. Beg, borrow or steal if necessary. It's that or flush everything down the drain. None of which is fair.

If you stand on your principles and refuse to pay then that's all you'll be left with. That's the state of modern aviation, wether we like it or not.

I had a buddy instruct there and as I recall he wasn't even into 4 figures net a month on average. Being bonded for 3 years for the pleasure seems like a double dose of insanity. That versus earning vastly more with a small monthly loan for a TR? Reality check time.