PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 08:20
Vaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Tendon!

The topic you bring up is one close to me. My country doesn't have a national cadet program at the moment and I am in limbo because I already payed for training at an EASA institute without any guarantee of a job or prospects so I'm left doing other jobs to make up for it. I'd like to support the advice you got before: Never join any training that doesn't get you a job because getting one after without an EU or US citizenship is next to impossible. But don't give up! You seem to be more qualified to fly than some people I already know flying so I suggest you google "MPL programs". An MPL might be expensive, but with a guaranteed job at the end, you're at a better place.

Forget Emirates Academy because it's trash but check out Etihad Flight Academy. I am not sure of the details but the academy has been growing despite Etihad's overall troubles. They advertise an MPL program so check that out but the one I suggest you look is the Air Arabia MPL program. They have people from various nationalities in the program and I know the students in this course are currently flying as First Officers for Air Arabia throughout the Middle East and Asia. They have no major complaints on the treatment or anything, although pay is initially low.

Aside from that, you can even check the Czech Training Center. I don't think they restrict for citizens yet.

I wish you all the best!!