PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 05:34
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting. While the E3 is still a valid option to other industries according to that article, it's clear the party is going to be fast coming to a stop for us Aussie aviators sadly. Skywest no longer sponsoring was a huge blow and I hear through the grapevine Mesa is also considering cutting sponsorship and now Express Jet/Commutair are on the verge of quite possibly being one entity you have to wonder what that will result in re; staffing needs.

I think it will be intriguing as to what hurdles future E3 renewals/initials will face and how carefully qualifications will actually be checked now. I believe it was previously mentioned about the requirement for X years work experience (10 I think it was) as an actual employed commercial pilot or a bachelors in aviation that some were bypassing at the consulate with no issue but more were starting to hit brick walls at the interview of late demanding proof of work and education history from the FOs I have spoken with at my company. One fellow who was not a degree holder ended up taking just under 4 months obtaining all the proof of work experience from his previous employers that was demanded of him after initial rejection, certainly is a far cry from 2 years ago!

Hope those who plan to attempt the process have some success still. Safe flying.