PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 01:35
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine the Senior Base Pilot would get a bit upset if he did not get an endorsement and very surprised if all Broome crew were not given ratings
Back in your day, Bend alot, "getting an endorsement" wouldn't have been much more than flying a few circuits. "Getting an endorsement" in this aircraft is a much, much bigger exercise. The 2-3 week course in the USA is just a part of it. There is also the issue of pilot suitability. Most of the PC12 pilots would be too inexperienced for the jet, on their first turbine, and without an ATPL licence. It was always going to be a separate group of pilots for the jet, hence my estimate of 4-5 extra pilots for Broome.

An extra 4-5 nurses too? Quite possibly. It depends on how much "excess capacity" is in the current Broome nurse roster. I used the word "fat", the other day, but you took it the wrong way - so now the more politically correct terminology. With no excess capacity, then we must expect 4-5 more nurses. With some excess capacity, then maybe only 3-4 nurses.

Under the current use of the 800 jet, up to 20% flights would be worse off with both jets based in Broome.
Do you have usage information for the Hawker 800? I would like to take a look at it. Please PM to me or give me the links.

TQ, thanks again for the inside information. Would you know what minimum runway width CASA is going to require for this jet's operations? Also, are they going to insist on the 1.67 landing distance factor? Just trying to further my understanding of which strips it will be able to use. Thanks.