LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squawk7700

So I’ll take that as a resounding NO.

You can’t keep preaching to us on what to do when:

a. You’ve never done it yourself
b. You aren’t posting correct information
c. You have provided no references or paragraph numbers

To suggest that an experimental aircraft required the issue of a new C of A for the fitting of a GoPro Mount is ludicrous at best. What if it was an A380 prototype, does that mean it’s a minor modification or major one? Do you think they would reissue the C of A for that?

You need to understand the financial implications of making incorrect statements as some poor sod might call up Steve Dines for a new C of A when it’s simply not required.

SQ7700,
Stephen would be just the bloke to explain to you the nuances of the "rule".

That is, rules as they actually are, as opposed to what some, including within SAAA, "think" they are.

Unfortunately we now have CASA making up new "standards" for amateur built aircraft that are going to make it increasingly difficult for builders, and I don't see or hear SAAA objecting.

As for my mention of an A-380, you clearly have no idea of the detail that goes into issuing an Experimental Test and Development certificate. Indeed, on one occasion I remember well, three separate such certificates were issued in sequence for the one CASR 23 aircraft, in one day, when working on changing an oil cooler and mounting configuration. The CASA delegate was on-site for the day, just for that purpose --- and for the manufacturer (not an amateur builder, a real dinky dye actual plane maker manufacturer) to stay legal.

Tootle pip!!

PS: I personally agree that it should be much easier to fit something like a GoPro, particularly inside the aircraft, but that is not the point, making certain you are "legal" and your insurance, particularly your third party insurance is valid, is the point. One well known identity was hauled over the coals because he had a small timer/stopwatch attached to his instrument panel with velcro.