PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2018, 13:07
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pamann
I think some of you need to put this into respective And calm your excitement.

The TUI Barbados flight was a divert due to the LGW drone incident. It wasn’t a proving flight for LTN 787 longhaul ops. TUI are more than knowledgeable on what their 787 can do and from where. All TUI’s eggs are in one basket. That basket is called LGW so I’d stop getting over excited and get a grip on reality. They won’t be launching 787 longhaul flights from LTN any time soon due to an unscheduled divert that happened yesterday. End of.
I'm firmly a grip of reality and aware of why the flight was operating out of LTN...

It is not everyday a long haul fully loaded wide body operates out of Luton, and think this is the first 787 long haul flight to operate from the airport! I was simply acknowledging it was good to see what capabilities the airports runway/infrastructure can support with this aircraft type.

I'm very pleased to hear you confirm TUI know what they were doing with their 787's! I thought they might just fully load a 787 up and take pot-luck chance to see if it will clear the end of the runway and or just take a chance, if they have enough fuel to get to Barbados non-stop and if not just ditch in the Atlantic! {Sarcasm}

Unfortunately I'm not a pilot, and don't have the 787 hand books to hand to check the technical operational requirements of the aircraft!