PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR pilot making an ILS
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2003, 01:12
genius-747

Hi,
its me, the creator of this online cat fight!!!

BEagle wrote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vectors to a straight-in visual approach whilst keeping the odd eye on your ILS display (not a bad idea to check that it actually works before you need it in anger!) is one thing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and FJJD said:

quote:
G-747 would be better asking for vectors to 4 miles final for a straight-in approach. There would be no harm in him glancing occasionally at the ILS needles, as he would the ASI, etc.

Thats all I want to use the ILS for, and I am guessing from what I have read it is completely acceptabe to request vectors for a 3-4 mine final straight in.

When ATC give you these vectors how would they give you the final vector onto the runway course. I know with vectors for the ILS they say something like

"G-EOXX turn left heading 240 to intercept the localiser report established"

"How would ATC do it if you request Radar Vectors for a 3 mile straight in approach for runway xx"

Thanks a bunch for all the replies, made for a great read.

ps: Beagle, sorry you had to get so much stick in this thread!

P