PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Hand Baggage Allowance - Really?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2018, 08:41
Ignore the HUD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
And not just on BA, I've seen the same thing many times on EZY and RYR.
Agreed last time out of LGW with EZY the cabin crew asked certain people after we had boarded to request that their hand baggage be put in the hold. One person flatly refused to do this . A standoff occurred until another passenger kindly volunteered their baggage to be put in the hold instead. It had got to the stage when the pilot came to ask his crew what the problem was as we were in danger of loosing our slot. I am concerned about this as I often travel with very expensive camera gear as hand baggage ( within BA weight limits), this would be not covered by insurance in the hold and am very reluctant to let it out of my sight.
BTW the passenger concerned who refused to let their hand baggage go in the hold was of the view that a) if you book hand baggage that is what youve paid for and should receive. b) Aircraft type selected for the route should be capable of doing so without inconveniencing passengers to this degree. This is not my POV but just thought it may prove of interest in one way or another.........