PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting to EASA license in Europe (including theory studies)
Old 20th Dec 2018, 08:06
Warlock1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A- Get Transport Canada to give you a license verification letter. Without that, your license isn't valid here
B- Make sure if you choose to write your written exams, say in UK, the country that is going to issue the license actually recognizes the UK writtens. Just because they are all EASA, it doesn't mean they are all interchangeable (Trust me on this one!!!)
C- The quality of training in Canada was based on sound knowledge. If you knew your stuff, you got through the TC writtens. What I found out in Bristol was that despite the amazing instructors and the GS training, you gotta hit the QB very HARD and memorize the heck out of it cause the time frame isn't enough to analyze every bit and piece.
D- Despite the rules and regulations, every country will give you a different estimate on extra amount of flight hours you need to fly for CPL or IFR conversion. Remember, its not just a conversion process, its also a money making game. So choose your school (location) carefully.
PM me if you need more info.
Good luck dude