PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GoPro mount Engineering Order
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2018, 05:46
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mullokintyre
LeadSled, I would take issue with that. If you are the owner builder of an experimental aircraft, you are entitled to do maintenance, repairs etc.
If built under the auspices of the SAAA, a Techincal Cousellor (TC) will advise on the build process, perform inspections etc.
At he end of the build process, a CASA Autorised Person (AP), will issue the experimental C of A.
If subsequent to that, changes are made, the builders TC will make a determinatiuon as to whether the changes/mods are of such a magnitude as to have the potential as to change the behavior of the aircraft,
then the TC will suggest that the the AP needs to determine if a a new C of A, new weighing, and new test phase is required.
I have asked my AP about the mounting of a camera in the cockpit to record my test flights requires approval, and the answer was negative.
Perhaps something mounted on the wing where airflow is disturbed is a case in point.
However, if the aircraft is in test phase, things like trim tabs, squeezing trailing edges etc are often done to change flight characteristics, without the issuing of a new C of A.
Mick
Mul,
What you have above, I do not take issue with overall, as it is not inconsistent with what I have said --- I have just put it in a more simple way, starting with an aircraft that already has a post test phase certificate.

Sq7700,
Feel free, call what you like, but I have had a far closer association with the details of Experimental Amateur Built than you might imagine.
And, by the way, the most knowledgeable person in the country, on this subject, who has produced more certificates that the SAAA, has never built a home built --

Tootle pip!!