PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting to EASA license in Europe (including theory studies)
Old 20th Dec 2018, 03:12
a334

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually bought Phil's ground school package but I couldn't put myself to read through all the material... there is way too much info for me to be able to read it all in a reasonable amount of time and then actually practice some questions. In my opinion there are certain topics which can never be replaced by proper in person explanations... at least for me I feel that's the case as through out my training in Canada I learned some things much better by having someone explain it to me then me reading it.

In no way am I knocking the material. From what I did read the material seems great and Phil definitely knows his stuff, but it's just not my learning style, be it Phil's material or any other distance learning. That said, I know Phil has consolidation days but from what I'm seeing, there is no full on ground school with a class of say 20 students... I would need to be a millionaire to get private lessons

As for bristol groundschool, I have known about them for a while but they don't offer the actual flying portion of the training and I would've liked to do everything at one school rather then finishing ground school and having to find a flight training unit. I will email them and ask what the cost and time duration would be, the site doesn't give a whole lot of info