PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM 747 diverts to Cork
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2003, 23:27
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The KLM 747-400 series, PH-BFN landed at Cork on runway 35 just after 10 am this morning. Taxiied under her own power to Stand 13. All passengers bussed off the aircraft to the on site Great Southern Hotel and to the Carrigaline Court Hotel just a few miles away from the airport.

Just before 3 pm a KLM 767-300 series laned at Cork with with engineeers and a relief flight and cabin crew and they boarded the 747 straight away. The origianal crew from this morning's KL734 boarded the 767 from their own aircraft. Were they on board all the time? I understand the warning indicator was still sounding from the cargo area up to around 3 pm - this is to the best of my knowledge and I cannot confirm the authenticity of the report.

The 767-300, PH-BZF is due to load with passengers bags and cargo and the 747 is due to continue to Amsterdam with passengers around 6 pm which may be just a little optimistic? Some passengers that are ultimately bound for UK destinations are being put on scheduled flights to Britain ex Cork.

Local councillor Tom O'Driscoll (not me by the way!) was on local radio praising the professional way Aer Rianta and Airport Fire Service handled this morning's emergency. A job very well done. Cork Airport did itself proud today.